Terms & Conditions
Read the text below and click ‘Accept’ at the bottom of this page.
“Passenger” and “you” mean person(s) identified in this ticket.
By accepting this ticket, you agree to following terms and conditions:
- You consent to security screening and inspection of your person, vehicle, and property. If you revoke consent at any time, if you fail to comply with federal, state, or local laws, or if you fail to abide by instruction from State personnel regarding travel, security, health, safety, welfare and related matters, State of Alaska (State) may remove you, your vehicle, and your property from its premises or vessel.
- Passengers with vehicles must check in at terminal by time fixed by State. Pedestrian passengers must check in at terminal one hour prior to vessel departure and be aboard at least 15 minutes prior to departure or risk being denied transportation.
- All passengers aged 18 years or older must present valid, government issued photo identification prior to boarding.
- When transporting pets into Alaska, you must present a valid health certificate for each animal before State will permit boarding.
PROVISIONS AFFECTING OR LIMITING LEGAL CLAIMS. READ CAREFULLY.
- State, as well as its employees and agents (personnel), are not liable for any claim arising in connection with passenger death, illness, or bodily injury unless made in writing and lodged with Office of Attorney General, P.O. Box 110300, Juneau, AK 99811-0300 within six months from date of death, illness, or injury. Failure to lodge a claim in this manner will preclude any later suit related to such claim(s). Additionally, any person intending to file suit against State or its personnel in connection with such death, illness, or injury – or any other matter – must file suit within one year from date of death, illness, injury, or event giving rise to any other claim. State and its personnel are not liable for any claim filed after one year.
- State and its personnel are not liable for emotional distress, mental suffering or psychological injury unless the distress, suffering, or injury has resulted from: (a) physical injury to claimant through negligence or fault of a crewmember, managing agent, master, owner, or operator; (b) claimant having been at actual risk of physical injury, and such risk was caused by the negligence or fault of a crewmember, managing agent, master, owner, or operator; or (c) intentional infliction by a crewmember, managing agent, master, owner, or operator.
- Any person asserting a claim arising in connection with this ticket or passenger’s travel shall file and litigate the claim in a court located in Alaska, to the exclusion of courts of all other states and countries. Federal maritime law shall apply regarding any such claim or dispute. However, if federal maritime law cedes to state law concerning a particular subject, Alaska law will apply to that subject.
- State reserves the right to alter, revise or cancel schedules and rates for any reason without prior notice and is not liable for any resulting delays, expenses, or damages passenger may incur; nor is State responsible for arranging alternate lodging or transportation.
- State and its personnel are not liable for theft from any person, vehicle, baggage, or other property at terminal facilities or on vessels.
- State and its personnel are not liable for any damage to vehicles, trailers, or their contents while the vehicle or trailer is in operation, possession, or control of passenger (or person authorized by passenger) at terminal facilities, on vessels, or when on the transfer ramp between vessel and shore.
- If a court should rule any provision of this contract invalid, the ruling will not affect or invalidate any other provision.
VESSEL SAFETY INFORMATION:
- M/V Columbia O.N. 55734
- United States of America Registered Vessel
- This vessel complies with international safety standards developed prior to 1960. There is an automatic sprinkler system fitted on the vehicle deck spaces vehicle deck spaces. There is not an automatic sprinkler system fitted in the passenger living spaces and public spaces. The hull, decks, deckhouses, structural bulkheads, and internal partitions are not composed of combustible materials.
- M/V Tustumena O.N. 295172
- United States of America Registered Vessel
- This vessel complies with international safety standards developed prior to 1960. There is a manually actuated sprinkler system fitted on the vehicle deck spaces. There is not an automatic sprinkler system fitted in the passenger living spaces and public spaces. The hull, decks, deckhouses, structural bulkheads, and internal partitions are not composed of combustible materials.